Monday, November 14, 2005

The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing.

Wow! This weekend has been so cool! Yesterday was the Missionary Breakfast at Don Valley Bible Chapel. I went with my mum, because she said I might meet my husband… Well, if I have I have no idea… none of the guys there spoke to me:-p But it was really neat to hear the different missionaries speak about their work. There were Rob&Cecilia Russell from Uruguay, a team from Bridlegrove that went to Argentina, a DVD presentation of Saudi Arabia, Marjorie Beckwith from Angola, Bill&Paula Bierworth from Zambia, Fred&Jenny Kosin who travel all over and visit different missionaries, a DVD presentation of my Uncle Tom’s well drilling in Nigeria, John&Ruth Hanley from France, Mark&Gretchen Potma from Czech Republic and Richard&Marina Haverkamp from Belgium. I really enjoyed it! Mr. Kosin spoke about OM –Operation Mobilization – and now I REALLY want to go spend two years on one of the boats! Then today at Church we had missionary Sunday and Mr. Barham spoke this morning, then we listened to another report on Argentina, Catherine Premsler spoke on her time in Japan and South East Asia visiting her sister, and Mrs. Chuck spoke about her time in Jamaica. After that we went to two different “Elective Workshops” I went to the one on Papua New Guinea by Ralph and Sonja Merritt and then one by Cecelia Russell on “The Woman: ‘Crown of Creation.’ They were both really good! After that we watched the DVD on the well digging again then Nigel Barham spoke and he was really good. He brought up a good point on something I’d never thought of before. Jesus told us to “go” in the great commission but then in Acts 1:8 He said “But will you receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria and to the end of the earth.” So although God told us to “go” He also told us to wait until “…the Holy Spirit has come upon you…” I thought that was neat.I'd never really thought about it like that... I really want to go on the OM ships. I REALLY, REALLY want to go! My plan now is to finish school in 2007 then work for a year or two, so in about 2009 when I’m 23 I hope I can go on a ship. That seems so far away! But it’s only 3–31/2 years. So it’s not that bad. But I want to go for 2 years…so I’ll be 25/26 when I’m done the two years. Ahh!!!SO OLD!!! One last thing before I go do my homework. When Mr. Barham was speaking he said an old Chinese proverb that is SO true and important to remember: "The main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing." NEVER lose sight of your goal. Never let go of God’s will. Keep it first and foremost in your mind and life at all times. Meditate on it and you will keep the main thing the main thing! (after the quote those are my words:-p)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yoo essie you rock!!!!!!!!!!!!
good luck with school
Eric